Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Really Excited!!

So not very many people know, but just recently I entered a local singing competition called the OKC Star. It's basically for anyone in OK. Totally open auditions and the top 3 overall get a cash prize. I had never heard of it, but a girlfriend of mine, Hilary, told me about it, and basically told me that I WAS going to try out. Well thanks to her, I'm glad I did. After making it through 3 rounds, I just found out tonight that I'm going to be competed in the final round with the top ten singers. Pretty nerve recking, but so exciting!!! When I first went into this, I tried not to get my hopes up too much. Not because I don't think I can sing, but because I've done stuff sort of like this in the past, and have never really done too well. But this has been great so far! I'm so glad because even though it's taken me a while, and even though I still get nervous, I feel like time has helped me develop into a better singer/performer. I've come a long way, and definitely still have a long way to go, but if you think of me, say a little prayer because I want to do my best.... and hopefully impress the judges too, and i'm going to need all the prayers I can get ;)

3 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

Jamie!!! This is so exciting. You have to let us know when it all starts and when we can watch you on TV. YEAH!!! I'm proud of you for taking the chance.

Staci said...

Jame...how exciting! Would love to see you sing. Maybe someone would youtube it! :)

Love and miss you!

Brandi said...

I know you will do great! You have a beautiful voice and we are so blessed to have you lead us in song every Sunday.
When will the final competition be?? I'll be praying!