Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love Lockdown

Well last night was fun. As some of you probably already know, I love to sing, but when it comes to speaking, that's my husbands area of expertise =). But last night, I had the opportunity, for the first time, to speak to our female students and it was so much fun!!! A little scary, but fun =)

We just started a new sermon series called, "Love Lockdown" and it's all about dating and relationships. When Chris first asked me to speak, my first reaction in my head was, "me? are you kidding?!" But once he explained to me that I would be talking to our girls about modesty, I instantly was excited about getting to share my heart on this issue. I'm not going to lie, I was definitely nervous, but I'm pretty sure that was inevitable. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how I did, and the best part is last night, several students gave their hearts to Christ. That never gets old. Looking back, I'm so glad I was given the opportunity to speak into the lives of our girls. I think it's important for them to hear from someone who knows what it's like to be a teenage girl and to struggle with the same things they struggle with. I hope they all heard my heart, but more importantly I hope they were all challenged to be godly young women.

No comments: