Sunday, February 22, 2009

"We're Family!!!"

So the results are in, and I didn't place as well as I had hoped, but I can't say I'm disappointed. It was a fun night. I sang my best and can't say I would have done anything differently, the competition was just really tough.
The fact that I even made it as far as I did is something to be happy about, but what topped it all off, and made the night better than ever was the crowd. In the crowd, there were about 30 people from Peoples Church there to support me! I felt so special and SO loved! It's funny because since being out here, I've always told people that the only down side is that we're far from family, but after this past weekend, I realize that couldn't be farther from the truth. The second they announced my name, everyone from our church stood to their feet, screaming, waving dozens of posters, and blowing into kazoos... yes kazoos! I mean.... really, they were the best! Even though I'm sure there were many other things they could have all been doing with their time, they chose to come out and support me. I have to say, I am definitely feeling the love! Thanks guys so much. I'm so glad we're here, living life and doing ministry with such amazing, loving people. We are family! ... and I love you guys!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You may not have done as well as in a "competition", but you do well where it counts (any place you are serving God with your amazing voice). Delecia del Rosario "Lisa" (My first day reading your blog.)