Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh How I Miss the Fall

I rolled out of bed this morning, standing in my P.J.'s thinking, "Feed Jace. Get dog." .... Well maybe you think in better complete sentences first thing in the morning, but I do not =)
I stumbled over to the dog kennel, let Dungy out, who almost knocked me over because he had to pee so bad, and then somehow found my way to the back door. Our back fence is down at the moment (long story), so instead of just letting him run around, I figured I oughta go out there and make sure he did what he needed to do (pretty badly too! he he). I stepped my bare foot onto our cement back porch, and the most wonderful feeling came over me. The porch was cold, and the breeze was chilly! Instantly thoughts of a fuzzy blanket, a steamy cup of hot chocolate, and being snuggled between the couch cushions filled my head. This is what fall feels like! I had almost forgot with all the heat we've had. I was standing in a daze, probably with a really awkward smile on my face, when suddenly the bubble over my head popped! For one because my crazy dog jumped on me with his wet paws, but also because reality is, it's only the beginning of September =( Oh what I would do to make it October =) Well I guess I'll just have to wait a little while longer. All the best things in life are worth waiting for..... but atleast for now I get to wear a sweatshirt!!!!

No comments: