Monday, September 22, 2008

Reasons to Smile

Today when my husband came out of our bedroom, he was wearing a pink polo that he's had for over a year and has never wore it until today. He never felt comfortable in it, but since he's lost all his weight, not only does it fit him, but he looked fine this morning! ha ha. I'm so stinking proud of all his hard work. Keep it up babe! I just might start chasing you around the house! (If you heard pastor Herbert's sermon, you know what I'm talking about. If not, you need to check it out!)
Yesterday, pastor preached an amazing sermon. It really hit my heart, and made me think long and hard about protecting my marriage. Everything he said was right on point for people who are married, and I am so thankful to be at a church where they tell it like it is. Thank you God for bringing Chris and I to people's church. It's so great to know that every Sunday we're going to be challenged by God's word, and it's also so great to be on staff with such amazing people. What an experience it is to know you're somewhere where you're making a difference in the lives of others. We are so blessed!

**If you'd like to hear this sermon, just follow the link below =)

"How To Have An Affair"

http://sermonplayer.com/senttofriend.php?clientid=2031&sermonid=130158


Today is the first day of Autumn!!! I've been counting down the days it seems, and it's finally here! Now I just need the weather to get chilly so I can finally break my hoodies back in! =)

My son Jace is turning one THIS Thursday!!!! I can't believe how fast this past year has flown! It's been so fun and exciting watching him grow and turn into our little man. He's such a great kid, and I'm really looking forward to all the developmental changes to come in the next year. This time next year we'll actually be able to have somewhat of a conversation!! Yay!

Our Ignite service was last night, and I always look forward to going. Being around other young adults is so refreshing. It's definitely a great way to make new relationships. I'm really looking forward to all God is going to do through this Sunday night experience!

Two of our very dear friends, Bart and Melissa Shadle, and Marc and Stacy Petty, had babies this past week! Melissa gave birth to little baby Noah. He's their first baby and I just know they're going to be amazing parents. Stacy gave birth to baby Brady (no connection to the N.E. Patriots, just in case you were wondering ;) and he is as cute as pie. I'm so excited for both of our friends!! Congratulations and we love you guys very much!

Baby Petty: "Brady"

Baby Shadle: "Noah"


My coffee tastes exceptionally good this morning! I love it when that happens!

Jace is taking a nap at this very moment. That means mommy time =) That's definitely a reason to smile =)

2 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

And I love having you at People's Church!!! Fall is my fav time of year too, I wearing fall clothes and feeling the crisp air.
Jace is getting so big and even more adorable every time I see him. What a cutie pa tootie!!!
Have a great week!

hoodfamily00 said...

I'm so glad you guys are at People's Church. I love hanging out with you! You need to share some of your recipes with me!