Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catching up!!

Alright, so I've been really bad this past week and a half keeping everyone in the loop! Sorry, let's just say the past two weeks have been a blur. So here's the quick run down of my life the past two weeks =)

-Jace had two birthday parties!! His first party was on the day of his birth date (Sept. 25, 4:15pm to be exact =) and we celebrated with family. It was great to have Chris' family in town. His mom, Carolyn, Stepdad, Guy, and little brother, Benjamin, were all here to help us sing "Happy Birthday". We had a great time catching up with eachother and soaking in the moments we had together. We also had a great time observing Jace and his very first adventure with cake! YUM! He was so funny, at first he wasn't so sure, but within a matter of 2 minutes, he was shoving the cake faster than I could snap a picture! =) Here are a few pictures of our cutie pie on his very first birthday! :



-The second party we had for Jace, we decided to do on a Saturday at the park, that way some of our friends could come and join in the birthday fun. We enjoyed cake, yet again, which was good to my mouth, but not so good to my diet! All in all, we had a great time though, and Jace, even though he basically had no clue it was all for him, he was of coarse cute as ever eating his cake and greeting his guests =) Here are a few pics of his party :

(I'm picking the icing out of his hair.... Yeah he got it everywhere! =)


-Before Chris' family left town, we decided to take them to bricktown where we ate at this cute New Orleans Cafe called the Bourbon Street Cafe??? I think? Anyways, whatever it was called, it was good.... not to mention I finally got to try crawfish. It was pretty tasty, although everyone else wasn't so pleased with the aroma coming off my plate! Oh well, that only made it more fun to eat :P Here are a few family pics from our last night with the Magana family :



(I thought this was funny because when I leaned over to take a picture with him, he just nonchalantly put his arm around me like such a little man!)
- During this past week, I've started working part time at our church which I love! It's been such a blessing to join the team and help out with whatever I can. I am so blessed to be doing what I'm doing right now, and even though I'm a little more tired at the end of the day, I feel like I'm actually getting something accomplished, which I didn't feel as much when I was home all the time.
Even though the amount of time I spend at home as changed, one thing will never change.... my silly boy! This past week he made a discovery, "Hey! I can take this diaper off! Being naked is great!!!" ha ha ha. Yeah, pretty much. I have to watch him too because he's got quick hands! One minute he's acting like he's checking out his belly button, the next he's streaking through the house! ha ha ha. It's so funny though! It's kinda hard to tell say, "no Jace" with a straight face, when he's smiling at you butt naked! So yes, you get to share in the fun. Here are a few pics of our crazy little man! :


-Thursday was Chris' day off and it was a busy day. We both had doctors appointments in the morning, which are never fun =( but the upside is, I haven't weighed myself since I was in the hospital from having Jace, so when I stepped on the scale and it read, "129" I looked at the nurse and said, "did that say '129'?" and she looked at me like, "oh stop gloating." But I just couldn't help but smile! ... and smile! ha ha ha. That reading was such a great sight! I haven't been this weight since Highschool, so you better believe I'm going to soak it in as much as I can! =)
After our doctor's appt., Chris, Jace, and I decided to go and have breakfast together, and that was great. It's not often we get to go out for breakfast, so that for a change, was so much fun.
Later, at 2, Jace had a doctor's appt. where he got his 1 year shots!!! NO FUN!!! I always hate those appointments, but I know it's only to make him big and strong some day.... and he already forgot what happened so that's comforting! =)

-This past weekend was Amy Deas baby shower! I had the honor of helping host, and of coarse I love doing that sorta stuff! Anything I can cook for is fun for me! Not only did we have a great turn out, but I think Amy got a pretty good Asst. of gifts which is always nice. I hope she enjoyed it and it was everything she had hoped for. Amy is not only a great youth leader, but a loving friend and I wished her and Vernon the best wishes for their little bundle!! Here are a few pics from her baby shower:


(Amy and the "Hostesses": Nicole, Dorynda, (Amy), Me, and Nicole =)

-Tonight is our "BigNite" and I can't wait! Food and fellowship, what's not to like?! Plus, I'm really excited to lead worship tonight. There's just something about getting the opportunity to pour my heart out to God in a song, that's just hard to replace. I'm so thankful I'm at a place where he's allowing me to help others do the same. It's such a privilage and I'm so undeserving, but He allows me to be used anyway. I truly am so blessed!

-Well I think that pretty much catches me up to speed. Until Monday! .... oh stink! That's tomorrow! I'll be in touch soon =)

1 comment:

Our Family said...

The shower was wonderful! Thanks so much for your willingness to co-host! Great job on the pinwheels you savvy chef!