Monday, October 20, 2008

Random Ramblings

So I haven't done so good at keeping my word and staying on top of this blog lately! Funny. I always think I'm going to be able to get everything done, and yet somehow I never do! The story of my life =)
I find that when I've been blogging on a consistent basis, I always know exactly what I want to say. Yet when I haven't written anything in a while, like tonight (=)), I just sit here, speechless, thinking, "What should I say? Something profound maybe?" ha. Not tonight. I'm too tired to even spell words longer than my name, let alone actually think about what I want to say. I've just decided, it's time for some random rambling. So here goes:
-Got back from our retreat yesterday. It was a looooooong drive, but it was an excuse to spend some great time with our kids. It's funny, and I don't know why, but it's always on trips like that, that I realize how much I love doing what we do. I just love being with the kids and getting to know them. ...And when you're stuck in a van for about 6 hours, you've got plenty of time to get know one another =)
-Our trip to MO. also brought me back to memories I have from the many times Chris and I made trips just like that when we were in youth group with our youth pastors, Paul and Debbie Hinzman. Not sure if they'll get to read this, but in case they do, just want to say thanks guys. Not only did they invest in us then, but even now, they're still investing in us. From being our youth pastors back then to being some of our dearest friends today, they've played a huge part in the people we've become, and I'm so thankful that God's allowed our paths to meet. Thanks guys and we love you!
-When I arrived at the church for work today, I saw the progress that's been made with our new auditorium, and I literally squeeled! ha ha. I am so grateful to be a part of this exciting time at Peoples Church. What a blessing it's been to our family, and what a blessing it's going to be to so many others! We're reaching the lost, and it never gets old! I can't wait to see where God is going to take us!
-Jace is getting cuter by the day. He's just started saying, "Hi", and it's impossible to hear it and not grin. His vocabulary is almost large enough to count on two hands! ha ha. He's now saying, "Momma", "Dadda", "Hi" and "All done". That kid's a genius =)
-It's been pretty busy lately, and with the recent traveling, I actually had french fries for the first time in three months last weekend. It's was good going down, but once it reached my tummy, it wasn't good for long =( I forgot how heavy fast food can be on your stomache when you haven't been eating it. I'm hoping I'll eat extra good this week to make up for being bad over the weekend =[] I'm not trying to gain weight back after all that hard work!
-I'm starting to get into a routine: Get up, go to work, get Jace, go home, stay up way too late! ha ha. Not sure when it started, but I've been going to bed later lately, and my body is mad at me for it. I'm hoping to be a little more disciplined in the next upcoming weeks, but it's going to be hard. Hopefully I can make myself go to bed..... you know a lack of sleep speeds up aging - YIKES!!!!
-Speaking of, "Goodnight" - I'll hopefully talk to you sooner than later =)

No comments: