Friday, October 24, 2008

A Great Day

Today was a wonderful day. After having a great day at work, I swung by the babysitter's and picked up my little peanut ( that would be Jace ;). It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and even though I knew he was probably due for a nap, I decided we needed some outside play time. We spent an hour or so just chasing each other around the backyard, sliding down the slide, picking up dirt clumps and trying to eat them... you know the usual ;) Then we went for a walk, and even though the air was crisp, the sun was warm, and it was the perfect time of day to be outside. The kind that makes you wish you had a sweater, a cup of hot chocolate, and a comfy chair. After our walk, I put Jace down for a late nap, and knocked out some housework I've had on my list for like three days. Wasn't necessarily fun, but knowing it was finally done was so refreshing! There's nothing like a clean home! It's the only time I'm really able to relax. So once I finished up my house work, Jace and I went to Sam's and picked up some food for our fall cookout tomorrow.... I can't wait! Fall, Football, Food.... Fun!!! So we shopped til we dropped, and I don't know why, but there's just something so fun about shopping when you've got the cutest baby in the world sitting in the front of your cart, smiling at you the whole time =) What a cutie!! Once we were finished, we came home and relaxed. Luckily I decided tonight's dinner was going to be made by the crock pot, so instead of coming home after work and having to make dinner on top of all my housework, I was able to come home from shopping and simply relax! What a wonderful way to end out the day. Even though it wasn't anything exciting, today was still a great day, and tomorrow is Saturday so it can only get better =)

No comments: