Monday, November 17, 2008

4 days and counting!!!

It's almost time! Yes, I can't wait! In four days, (Thursday afternoon to be exact) we're flying home to Indy to visit family, and we're so excited. Being away from family makes you miss them so much, but it's also nice because you appreciate the time when you do see them so much more. I can think of a million reason's I love going home for the holidays, but here are just a few:

1. Mom's cooking - Hello?!! Yes, that's who I get my interest in food from, and if anyone can throw down, it's my mom! For thanksgiving she's making a roast, as oppose to the traditional turkey, and I can't wait! yum!!!

2. Turkey! Yeah, mom's not making turkey, but Chris's dad is! That's the benefit of having several families to visit - more food =)

3. Jace - Everyone is busting at the seems to see Jace. They can hardly wait, and neither can we. It will be so great to see Jace love on his grandparents, especially since he loves giving hugs right now =)

4. Memories - Even though I wasn't born in Indy, I spent all of middle school and high school there and needless to say, I have many wonderful memories there. I love going back and feeling like I'm back in my old home town.

5. Shopping - The day after Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite days to spend with my mom. We hit the stores running at around 5 am.... SO FUN! I can't wait!

6. Friends and Family - My dad, mom, brothers, in laws, nieces, nephews, all of them. I can't wait to see them and give them all a big hug and a kiss!

7. Thanksgiving - it's one of my favorite holidays and so far Chris and I have been lucky enough to always be home to spend it with family.

8. The cold - Even though I'm enjoying the mild weather here in OK, it will be nice to get out into the crisp air and be reminded of what winter really feels like.

9. Date Night! - The nice thing about going home, is everyone wants to see Jace, which is great. It gives Chris and I the perfect opportunity to go out just the two of us... and that doesn't happen often! =)

10. Christmas Tree - Yes I'm like a kid at heart when it comes to putting up the Christmas Tree - I can hardly wait. And I know, once we get back to OK, it's officially time to put it up!!! So the sooner we leave, the sooner we get to come back, and I get to put up the tree!! =) ... Even though I already threw Christmas lights up all over our house and yard! lol

No comments: