Thursday, July 31, 2008

One of my favorite things

So this morning I was able to do one of my favorite things.

Chris's brother Stephen is in town and visiting for the week, and his friend Andy from college is also in town for just a day. So this morning, for the first time in I don't even know how long, I woke up and made breakfast for everyone. May not sound very exciting to anyone else, but for me, cooking and entertaining is what I love, and there's just something about sitting around the table, like a big family, and starting off the day together. Not to mention the fact that eating tops it off just right =)

With Jace being so small, and Chris not being much of a "breakfast eater" this opportunity doesn't come around very often. Not only that, but till just about a month ago, we didn't have a dining room table. So this morning was perfect. Waking up to a hot meal, conversation, and the aroma of fresh coffee, crisp bacon, and warm maple syrup. Okay, I think I'm drooling.

It kinda makes me want a big family.... but I'm sure that'll wear off =)

.... kind of like the drooling. Jace just came over to say hello, and I can tell he's got a surprise in his diaper! So much for the pleasant aroma! ha ha ha ha

No comments: